Posted by PrintsKaspian 8 months ago
Into the Fray Patch 4
Magic Staff Overhaul: Arcane and Frost Staffs
This patch brings a complete rework of Arcane and Frost Staffs, as the final stage of the Magic Staff overhaul that kicked off with the Into the Fray update. These weapon lines have been fully reworked with new and updated abilities, as well as new visuals and animations to bring them to life and improve their readability during combat.
For the complete list of new and updated abilities launched with this patch, see the Combat Balance Changes section below.
Season 15 Winner Statue Unveiled
Congrats to Elevate, winners of Guild Season 15, on their second win! Check out their new statue at the entrance to Conquerors' Hall, which includes banners for second- and third-place winners Team Pilas and RAQ.
UI & Quality-of-Life Improvements
Black Zone Loot Changes
- The Building Nutrition UI has been updated with new fields and a display of how much nutrition is being added. This affects the UIs for player buildings, Hideouts, and Territories.
- The Trade UI layout has been updated, and now displays the Silver amount bid by each side at the upper left.
For the first 120 seconds after a black-zone kill, the dead player can only be looted by the following participants:
- The killed player
- The killed player's allies (same party, guild or alliance)
- The player that dealt the killing blow
- The killer's allies (same party, guild or alliance)
- The player that dealt the most damage to the killed player
- That player's allies (same party, guild or alliance)
- After 120 seconds, these limitations are lifted and the corpse can be looted by any player
Combat Balance Changes
- Might awarded for opening Castle and Castle Outpost Chests is now distributed to the victorious guild's members in a larger radius to better include all participants
- Pieces of furniture in the open world now must be placed at least 10 meters apart:
- This distance only applies to other furniture objects and does not affect proximity to walls or terrain
- This rule does not apply on Player Islands, Guild Islands, in Hideouts, or in Cities
- The Faction Warfare "Last Stand" buff no longer prevents the Journey Back ability from being used
- The Faction Warfare Flagging Bonus can no longer be purged
- Level 6+ Crystal League Championship tokens no longer appear in the Marketplace
- Arcane Protection (all Arcane Staffs)
- The Shielded target is now immune to Forced Movement effects.
- Blocking a Forced Movement effect will remove the shield.
- The shield doesn’t effect threat generation anymore
- Cooldown: 5s → 6s
- Removed the ability Energy Bolt (all Arcane Staffs)
- New Q-slot Ability Chain Missile (all Arcane Staffs)
- Shoot a Chain Missile in the targeted direction.
- Upon hitting an enemy, it will jump to the closest enemy within 6m of the last enemy hit, dealing 121 magical damage. (can hit up to 3 targets; can't hit the same target multiple times).
- Applies one Arcane Charge to all enemies hit.
- Arcane Charges are consumed whenever you deal damage to the affected target, dealing an 61 additional magical damage.
- Magic Shock (all Arcane Staffs)
- Frazzle (all Arcane Staffs)
- Cast Range: 11m -> 13m
- Casttime: 1.2s -> 0.6s
- Cooldown 10s -> 12s
- Now reduces enemy resistances (instead of bonus defense vs players)
- Resistance Reduction Duration 5s -> 4s
- Mimicked ability from Axes: Raging Blades -> Adrenaline Boost
- Removed the ability Energy Beam (all Arcane Staffs)
- New W-slot Ability Enigma Blade (all Arcane Staffs)
- Combine up to two abilities. The combo resets after 4s.
- 1st Enigma Blade:
- Conjure a magic blade that hits all enemies in a cone in the targeted direction, dealing 200 magical damage.
- Hitting at least one enemy enables the next combo ability.
- 2nd Flicker:
- Teleport to the targeted position (cannot teleport through obstacles).
- Time Freeze (Great Arcane Staff)
- Now also affects allies (group-, guild- and alliance members only)
- Freeze Duration vs Players: 4s -> 2s (still 4s against Mobs)
- Hit Delay: 1.1s -> 0.5s
- Base Cooldown: 39s -> 50s
- Cooldown Reduction per 100 Item Power: 0.8s -> 1s
- Black Hole (Witchwork Staff)
- TIme Corridor (Occult Staff)
- Now always costs 15% energy
- Base Cooldown: 30s -> 44s
- Cooldown Reduction per 100 Item Power: 0s -> 1s
- Dark Sphere (Evensong)
- Removed the Passive Aggressive Caster (all Arcane Staffs)
- Added a New Passive Lingering Power
- After casting any spell, increase your Attack Speed by 120% and your Attack Range by 33% for the next 3 normal attacks within 3s.
- Removed the Q-slot Ability: Frost Bolt (all Frost Staffs)
- Added New Q-slot Ability: Frostbite (all Frost Staffs)
- Shoot a projectile in the targeted direction, dealing 128 magical damage upon impact with an enemy.
- Removed the Q-slot Ability: Hoarfrost (all Frost Staffs)
- Added New Q-slot Ability: Frozen Surge (all Frost Staffs)
- Freeze the ground in front of you along a 16m long and 3.8m wide path, dealing 80 magical damage.
- Slows all enemies hit by 20% for 3s.
- Frost Bomb (all Frost Staffs)
- Now instantly slows enemies by 20% while the Bomb is still building up.
- Frost Nova (all Frost Staffs)
- Removed Invincibility
- Range: 11m -> 9m
- Stun Radius: 5m -> 3m
- Frost Beam (all Frost Staffs)
- Channel Tick Interval: 0.5s -> 0.3s
- Channel Duration: 4.5s -> 2.7s
- Removed W-slot Ability Shatter (all Frost Staffs)
- Added New W-slot Ability Frost Lance (all Frost Staffs)
- Fire a Frost Lance from the targeted position in the targeted direction.
- Hitting an enemy causes the lance to explode, dealing 145 magical damage to all enemies within 3m radius.
- Decreases damage resistances of all enemies hit by 0.16 for 4s
- Added New W-slot Ability Glacial Obelisk (all Frost Staffs)
- Create a Glacial Obelisk at the targeted position, lasting 6s.
- Increases all damage and Cooldown Rate by 15% of up to 10 allies within a 6m radius of the Obelisk.
- Recast the ability to detonate the Obelisk, dealing 70 magical damage within a 5m radius.
- Slows all enemies hit by 40% for 4s.
- Freezing Wind (one-handed Frost Staff)
- Standtime 0.2s -> 0.4s
- Shortened the Area cone by 1m
- Hail (Great Frost Staff)
- Each Hail Wave can now be cast independently.
- Damage per Wave: 119 -> 150
- The damage is now reflectable
- Avalanche (Hoarfrost Staff)
- Reworked the ability:
- Launch a giant snowball in the targeted direction, rolling over all enemies.
- Deals 60 magical damage (damage can't be reflected).
- The snowball starts with a 2m radius, growing up to 3.1m while rolling.
- The snowball leaves behind a freezing trail that lasts 4s.
- Slows all enemies on it by 40%.
- Recast the ability to let the snowball explode, dealing 160 magical damage (damage can't be reflected).
- Stuns all enemies hit for 1,33s.
- Frozen Crystal (Chillhowl)
- Renamed the ability to Glacial Prison
The Hit Delay of Smite has been increased, because it was previously too easy to continuously hit enemies with it. With their combination of very high self-sustain and reliable high damage output, Holy Healers could be a quite frustrating match-up in Corrupted Dungeons.
- Smite (all Holy Staffs)
- Hit Delay: 0s -> 0.15s
Reworked the Morning Star E-ability, so that the root duration is limited to 1.5s against single enemies, making it harder for groups to catch solo targets with it. However, its mobility - and synergy with Air Compressor - has also been increased to make it more effective in group vs group fight situations.
- Air Compressor (all Maces)
- Root Prison (Morning Star)
- This ability is now called Gravitas
- Combine up to two abilites. The combo resets after 3s.
- 1st ability Close In:
- Dash towards the targeted position.
- 2nd ability Gravitas:
- Conjure a high gravity field with a 5m radius around you, rooting all enemies (ignoring crowd control resistance), while channeling for up to 4s (can't be interrupted).
- At the end of the channel enemies will remain rooted for 1.5s.
- Hitting less than 3 enemy players will end the root after 1.5s (mobs are unaffected by this condition).
- Party UI fixes:
- Members with no role, or who are in a different zone, now always appear lowest on the list if sorted by roles
- Targeted party member is now highlighted in member list
- General UI fixes
- Fixed issue where Territory UI did not close when an attack started
- Fixed issue where items could vanish when two players moved them to or from a guild vault at the same time
- Fixed issue where some display elements would not appear after closing the World Map when in recording mode
- Fixed issue where Guild Rights Management UI would lag when scrolling
- Fixed issue where cooldown duration of Guild Crest change would not display
- Spell fixes:
- Evasive Jump (Royal Shoes) now provides immunity to knockbacks
- Fixed issue where vanity ability keyboard shortcuts did not work when in recording mode
- Additional graphical, UI, terrain, audio, and localization fixes
Posted by Retroman 8 months ago (Source)
Hey everyone, thanks for all your feedback through the various feedback channels.
Here are a set of changes to the magic staff reworks:
- Chain Missile (all Arcane Staffs)
- Projectile Bounce Range: 6m -> 8m
- Mimic (all Arcane Staffs)
- Cast Range: 11m -> 15m
- Mimimicked Ability:
- Axes: Raging Blades -> Adrenaline Boost -> Battle Rush
- Frost Staffs: Frost Nova -> Glacial Obelisk
- Maces: Snare Charge -> Guard Rune
- Arcane Orb (one-handed Arcane Staff)
- Projectile Speed: 14.4 m/s -> 17.7 m/s
- Frostbite (all Frost Staffs)
- Cast Time: 0.5s -> 0.4s
- Now the player also recieves a buff when hitting an enemy
- This buff increases all damage by 4% for 2.5s (max stack 3)
- Frost Nova (all Frost Staffs)
- Added the invincibility back