Posted by Mytherceria 1 year ago
Have we got a surprise in store for you!
First things first: join our upcoming Faction Warfare Playtest, which we’re hosting as part of our update preparations and to gather feedback on the Faction Warfare rework (check out our latest Dev Talk on this feature here
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
Please make sure to update your Staging client in advance
- On Friday, February 26th at 18:30 UTC, log into the Test Server (Staging) to begin the playtest
- Choose whether you would like to fight for Martlock or Bridgewatch faction by heading over to the respective Faction Warmaster and enlisting in that faction (note: your character(s) from the Live Server will be available on the Staging Server, so you are able to use the skills and items you have. There will not be cheat stones to unlock the Destiny Board or create free items)
- Open up the World Map and select Faction Warfare in the dropdown menu
- See where the action is taking place and join in or try to capture the outposts! (note: any Faction Warfare zone is open to play, but please only flag as either Martlock or Bridgewatch)
- If you need to repair your gear, there is a repair station at each outpost
- Continue this process for 2 hours until the playtest ends at 20:30 UTC
, so you can jump right in at the start of the playtest.
After the playtest, we will hand out a feedback form to those who participated via the in-game chat, so that we can gather your thoughts on how this feature played out for you.
As for the Challenge you’re all waiting to hear about…
Note that the clusters crossed out in red will NOT be counted.
- During this playtest (Friday, February 26th, 18:30 UTC to 20:30 UTC), earn as many faction points as you can by capturing certain clusters within the Highland and Steppe Biomes marked out in this map below:
- For the full list of clusters that you can earn faction points from capturing, please click on the spoiler button below:
- The Top 20 players from the Martlock Faction and the Top 20 players from the Bridgewatch Faction who earn the highest amount of faction points during the playtest (Friday, February 26th, 18:30 UTC to 20:30 UTC) will be rewarded!
- Each player in the Top 20 from either faction will receive 800 gold
- We will announce the winners in this thread by Monday, March 1
- These rewards will be granted to characters on the Live server with the same name as the ones you used in this playtest
Sounds good? Then what are you waiting for, soldier, start sharpening those axes!
- Mytherceria & Dev Team
Posted by Eltharyon 1 year ago (Source)
its really hard to estimate how many people will be responding to playtests like this- we were far more successful than anticipated in mobilizing the Albion playerbase. Thank you for that! We've already collected lots of interesting technical data that helps us fix bugs before a release. We're also considering running another test once those issues have been adressed, and we'll be sure to boost up the test servers even further to allow for more players if we do.