Posted by PrintsKaspian 3 months ago
Rise of Avalon Patch 12 - Ver. 1.17.406 / REV 182620 - 13 January 2021
Satchels of Insight, Tomes of Insight, and Respec
- Lowered global amount of Silver generated by the Black Market by 15%
- Increased Silver drops from all non-Expedition mobs by 15%
- Increased cost per Respec Fame Credit from 0.75 to 0.9 Silver
- Decreased the Silver cost of Fame from Satchels of Insight across all tiers by 30%
- Decreased the amount of Tomes of Insight dropped by mobs by 10%
- Increased Fame gain from Satchels of Insight by 10%
Smart Cluster Queue
- Increased amount of rare and legendary loot chests appearing in Corrupted Dungeons, but reduced number of rare and legendary book chests accordingly
- Decreased value of boss chests in Stalker and Slayer dungeons by 17.5%, but increased the percentage of boss loot received when killing another player from 50% to 100%. This change is intended to promote PvP in Corrupted Dungeons.
- Updated deactivation conditions: the queue can now be deactivated in the middle of an update cycle if player numbers allow
- Players will no longer be able to skip overcrowded clusters within the first 2 minutes of queue activation
- Reduced default graphics resolution on Android and iOS; graphical quality can still be adjusted as usual in Settings
- Duels now end in a draw when either player is removed from an island or Hideout
- A chat message is now sent when the territory commander in an owned territory is under attack
- Fixed an issue where Smart Cluster Queue UI sometimes showed incorrect distance to exit
- Emergency Heal (Guardian Helmet) now affects a maximum of 5 targets (including caster) as intended
- Fixed an issue where dashes/pulls/knockbacks would sometimes interact incorrectly with ground spell effects (such as Firewall)
- Onslaught (Hand of Justice):
- Size of damage radius now matches that of other effect radii while spinning (3.5m)
- Maximum number of targets is now the same for pull, stun and damage while spinning (10 enemies)
- Vile Curse (Cursed Staffs) now triggers AoE escalation (for example via Area of Decay) as intended
- Tier 5 and 7 Rock Elementals have relearned their Tremor spell
- Additional graphical, animation, audio, terrain, and localization fixes
Posted by Korn 3 months ago (Source)
regarding the changes to the respec cost and black market silver generation: the goal here is to keep silver inflation in check. We want to keep the in-game gold/silver price low as this is important for players who get their premium through gameplay. Back in October 2019, when the in-game gold price exceeded 4000 silver, we had to take far more drastic steps
which brought the price down significantly and caused it to stabilize below 3000 silver for the most part.
The various updates and patches since the Queen update in January of 2020 increased overall silver generation significantly such that the game's existing sinks could no longer keep pace. We could see from our internal stats that the silver surplus generated per day was getting so large that - without us acting - we would again see the in-game gold price go towards 4.000 or higher, which we absolutely want to avoid by being more pro-active this time.
When it comes to respec specifically, one of its stated goals when introduced was to be an efficient silver sink as it's essentially a short-cut for leveling up additional items. When the feature was introduced, we also decided to give free respec points when maxed out to provide a solid baseline for those who do not want to spend the surplus silver this way. In order to offset the impact of the current respec change for newer players, we decided to significantly buff satchels (in terms of impact and cost) such that leveling up an item in the conventional way becomes easier.