Posted by PrintsKaspian 8 months ago
Queen Patch 7
This patch includes the second part of the Alliance Limit Test
we recently announced. The first part went live with Patch 5 on February 26 and consisted of a Siphoned Energy Drain
on alliances with 10 or more territories. The second part, a Silver and Fame Penalty on members of these guilds and alliances
, is now in effect - details can be found below.
Additionally, as this patch updates Outlands Portal Zones with new exits, layouts, and collisions, players who are in these zones and the zones that border them will be migrated to the nearest exit
when the patch goes live. For more information please see this post: forum.albiononline.com/index.p…ion-Outland-Portal-Zones/
Silver and Fame Penalty
Black Market Loot in Randomized Dungeon Chests (Solo, Group and Elite Dungeons)
- All players within an alliance will receive reduced Silver and Fame income if the alliance holds 10 or more territories (excluding Castles and Castle Outposts)
- This also applies to players in guilds without an alliance, if their guild holds 10 or more territories
- This penalty applies to all Fame gained from gathering, fishing (and consuming fish), PvE, and Tomes of Insight, and all Silver gained from Silver Bags, mob drops, and downed players
- This penalty starts at 1% with the 10th territory and increases by 1% per additional territory
- For further information about these changes and more precise values, please see this post: forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/124568
Since the launch of the Queen update, Tier 7-8 Black Market loot has been de-emphasized in favor of Tier 4-5 loot. Based on community feedback that this led to an unrewarding high-level dungeon experience, we've decided to take a different approach.
We hope the following changes will lead to a more rewarding gameplay experience, though please keep in mind that it might take some time for the Black Market to adjust:
Outlands Portal Zone Updates
- Tier 4 Black Market loot has been removed from Tier 7 and 8 chests.
- Tier 5 Black Market loot has been removed from Tier 8 chests.
- The Silver previously allocated for Tier 4-5 loot has been mostly moved into Tier 6 loot intended for Tier 7-8 chests.
- However, to further increase the overall number of items received from chests, we also moved some Silver allocated for Tier 7-8 Black Market loot down to Tier 6.
- This means you will more frequently receive Tier 6 loot from chests.
- This also means that the amount of Silver allocated by the Black Market for items that are not Tier 6 is reduced and their prices will increase more slowly than they did previously.
- The overall value of the chests, defined as the amount of Silver received from the Black Market upon opening a chest, stays the same.
- Added shrines to the immediate area around Outlands portals
- Added shrines near each exit of the Portal zones
- Increased total Portal zone exits - each now has 4 exits
- These shrines grant invisibility, under the following conditions:
- Player is invisible for 2 minutes
- Player is silenced and unable to attack for 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Using the shrine resets the timer on any protection bubble already in place
- Leaving the zone immediately cancels the invisibility buff and silence debuff
- The shrine buff always has a 10-minute cooldown before it can be reactivated, regardless of whether a different invisibility shrines is used
- These shrines cannot be used by players with "Outlaw" status
For more about this change and the intentions behind it, please see this post: forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/125487
- Previously, Silver Bags picked up as loot were treated as items, and were not subject to guild taxes. These are now treated like direct Silver drops, meaning they are subject to both guild taxes and the alliance Silver penalty described above.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect/misleading ingame message was sent when triggering manual item recovery from a Hideout
- Stairs added to Level 3 Hideouts between entrance and plaza levels
- Additional minor graphical, terrain, animation, UI, audio, and localization fixes
Posted by Korn 8 months ago (Source)
On the dungeon loot, here is what we did in a nutshell:
Following up on the community’s feedback, we have reworked the loot in randomized dungeon chests according to the following principles:
- T6 chests have been largely reverted to the status that they had on Queen’s launch as these chests were very popular with the player base.
- We have used the old T6 chest balancing as a baseline and set up T7 and T8 chests as strictly better versions of them.
- T7 chests no longer contain T4 loot and have higher drop chances for T7 and T8 loot than T6 chests
- T8 chests no longer contain T4 and T5 loot, and have much higher drop chances for T7 and T8 loot than T6 chests.
We hope that these changes will significantly improve the loot experience in the game.