Posted by Thorn-Delwyn 2 years ago (Source)
With the introduction of the new Outlands in Queen we've rebalanced resource distribution to match the new design of the Outlands. We've also incorporated some last minute feedback you gave on the test environment to keep some of the "large" gathering nodes in the game.
So what has changed?
- What tiers of resources you can find in each zone based on the tier of the zone.
- Respawn-times of resources in the Outlands have been rebalanced.
- We have added new small nodes for Tier 7 and 8 which will not spawn fully charged but will take less time to respawn instead. (As previously, big nodes spawn with full charges.)
- If the old version of the hide mob dropped a mount, the new one will drop one as well. Overall mount drop rates should remain approximately as they were previously.
- Amount of Tier 7 nodes per zone has been increased.
- Amount of Tier 8 nodes per zone has been drastically increased.
The resource of the same tier as the zone will always be most abundant. The lower the tier compared to the zone's tier, the lower its amount of nodes.
- Tier 5 Zones will have resources of Tier 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Tier 6 Zones will have resources of Tier 4, 5 and 6.
- Tier 7 Zones will have resources of Tier 5, 6 and 7.
- Tier 8 Zones will have resources of Tier 7 and 8.
Average respawn times:
|Fastest to Slowest Respawn||Big Node|
|Fastest to Slowest Respawn|
|5 to 15 minutes|
|6 to 17 minutes|
|7 to 24 minutes|
|12 to 38 minutes|
|67 to 203 minutes|
|3 hours to 11 hours|
|33 to 101 hours|
|9 hours to 29 hours|
|36 to 110 hours|
Images of Tier 7 and 8 resources (for each image, the normal node is on the left and the big node is on the right):
Hide in Forest and Swamp Biome
Tier 7: Feral Boar and Direboar
Tier 8: Feral Bear and Direbear
Hide in Steppe Biome
new Tier 6: Desert Wolf (replaces Rhino)
Tier 7: Rhino and Bighorn Rhino
Tier 8: Mammoth and Ancient Mammoth