Posted by Retroman 1 year ago (Source)
With the upcoming standalone season, we will introduce "Disarray", a Zerg Debuff mechanic. The idea here is to create a tradeoff for bringing massive amounts of players. This way we want to encourage players to have more fights with smaller and better organized groups, instead of over-emphasising the sheer amount of players alone.
How this works
- If more than 25 players of the same alliance are in the same cluster they all get a debuff: Disarray
- This debuff reduces: Damage, Healing Output and CC Duration of all alliance members in the cluster
- The more players the alliance has in the cluster the stronger becomes the Disarray debuff
- This feature will be launched with the upcoming standalone season
- The debuff only applies to guilds / alliances. Groups of blue players on Royals or faction flagged players are not affected.
The strength of the debuff depends on the number of allies you have, starting at a very low value, and growing stronger the more allies there are.
While we know that this system can be circumvented by breaking alliance / guild, this tradeoff makes the system act as a disincentive to simply mindlessly bringing more players and forces guild commanders to think about the effectiveness of their army. But if you split your forces like this to avoid the effect, you’ll have to deal with the organisational overhead and friendly fire between the fighting groups.
DISCLAIMER: This feature is currently still in development and details may still change
I am looking forward to your feedback and hope you are all excited for the upcoming standalone Season.