Posted by Eltharyon 2 years ago (Source)
Dear community members old and new,
Please accept our apologies for the extremely poor performance of the game during the EU timezone fights on today’s invasion day. Despite our best efforts, many of you had a terrible experience and we are absolutely determined to prevent that from happening again.
For this reason we’re making a quick adjustment to the game in a hot-fix being deployed at around 22:30 UTC. With this hot-fix we will
- Temporarily, the number of players that will be allowed onto the server will be reduced until the peak invasion day action is over. After that, it will be increased back to the normal level.
- The zone cap for black zones will be reduced by a significant amount. We would also like to ask the larger player groups for a favour: please refrain from artificially trying to cap out zones with substandard characters.
- We are also deploying some technical changes to test how they impact fight performance. We have to use this opportunity to gain additional insight on what is causing these issues. In addition, the changes we are introducing have a chance to improve performance as well.
Beyond this hotfix, we’re going to update you with our progress on improvements regarding large fight performance. As soon as we’ve found the technical causes, we will
- Release a dev update describing the technical background of the issues we are facing
- Provide an outline of the steps we’ll take to improve the situation on coming invasion days
I’m truly sorry. We’re doing everything we can to improve the situation for the US time zone and we’ll begin our search for permanent improvements right away.
Robin ‘Eltharyon’ Henkys