Posted by Eltharyon 7 months ago (Source)
Dear Community members old and new,
As many of you know, we’re currently planning a massive rework of the Outlands
later this year, which also intends to increase the world size. We feel it would be unfair to make new players wait until we finish that rework to have a chance to claim their own piece of Albion, so in the meantime we’ve decided to launch an expansion of the world based on the current map layout.
For this reason, we’re planning to add three new regions to the current Outland map: Siluria (equivalent in size and value to Cumbria), and West and East Glouvia (equivalent in size and value to West and East Anglia, respectively).
These new regions will launch during GvG Season 6
(we’re currently aiming for early May), and the territories within them will become claimable in two waves on the second Invasion Day of Season 6 (May 18th).
To ensure this land expansion has a minimal effect on Season 6, all territories, mages and castles within it will not contribute season points to the current season and will only start doing so for Season 7. They will, however, generate siphoned energy and spawn loot chests, so they are a perfect place for new guilds to establish themselves and try their hand at territory conquest in preparation for Season 7.
How will these new regions be accessed?
Access to these zones will happen via the city portal system. Each city’s portal network will be extended to gain additional access points in the corresponding zones.
- Martlock: 3 portal exits in West Glouvia, bordering West Anglia to the north
- Bridgewatch: 2 portal exits, 1 each in West and East Glouvia
- Thetford: 2 portal exits in East Glouvia, bordering East Anglia to the north
- Lymhurst: 2 portal exits, 1 each in East Glouvia and Siluria
- Fort Sterling: 2 portal exits in Siluria, bordering Cumbria to the north via a bridge
- Caerleon: 1 portal exit in East Siluria, bordering Mercia to the north via a bridge
Start gathering your guilds together and get ready to claim your piece of Albion!