Posted by PrintsKaspian 2 years ago
GvG Season 4
GvG Season 4
is coming! This post should provide all the details you'll need to plan accordingly.
September 29: Start of Season 4
- 29.09.2018 (Saturday): Season 4 starts (reset, invasion)
- 30.09.2018 (Sunday): Scoring starts (by timezone)
- 01.10.2018 (Monday): First GvGs
- 27.10.2018 (Saturday): Resets and invader spawns
- 24.11.2018 (Saturday): Final resets and invader spawns, all scores doubled
- 21.12.2018 (Friday): Final GvGs
- 22.12.2018 (Saturday): Season 4 ends
September 30: Scoring Begins
- The season kicks off after Saturday's downtime
- After downtime, the ownership of all resource territories (ie not home territories, farm territories, or city territories, as these three types are not affected by Seasons in any way) is reset, so all resource territories become unowned.
- They go into an unclaimable state at this point, so no guild can reclaim them yet
- Additionally, GvGs cannot take place or be scheduled until a later re-start
- Over Saturday and Sunday, you will have two opportunities to claim batches of territories:
- Territories with a primetime starting at 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 and 21:00 UTC happen at 18:00 UTC on Saturday 29.09.2018.
- Territories with a primetime starting at 22:00, 23:00, 00:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 and 5:00 UTC happen at 01:00 UTC on Sunday 30.09.2018.
- These groups exist so that a) territories are always first claimable during their primetime, and b) as many territories as possible become claimable at the same moment, meaning if you want to claim numerous territories, you'll need to spread your forces out across the map
- This is, in effect, a “do you have enough open-world PvP strength?” check for territory control
- For this to work, claiming requires time and people, as in each of these territories a new boss will spawn to defend it:
- The boss is balanced for groups of about 5, and requires around five minutes to kill
- It has various tricks up its sleeve to stop larger groups from taking it down
- Once the boss is gone, the territory can be claimed – which now takes a channel time similar to siege camps, so you can’t just ninja it from under another Guild’s noses
October 1: GvGs start
- At the start of each resource territory’s primetime on September 29th/30th, scoring is enabled for that territory
- Daily points are as follows:
- Red zone territories: 96 points
- Anglia territories (low Outlands): 240 points
- Cumbria territories (medium Outlands): 288 points
- Mercia territories (high Outlands): 336 points
- Points are scored at the end of each territory’s primetime
- Points are generated by Siphoning Mages:
- These Mages draw the raw power from the territories, and collect it on their person before passing it on
- They spawn dynamically (1.5h 2h, 3h, 6h), until the maximum of four are present
- They position themselves around the GvG capture points in each territory
- They can be killed by any player from a different Alliance
- If you kill another Guild’s Mages, they drop some Siphoned Energy
- Players can also place Mages for Siphoning Energy, whether it is in their own territory or in their enemy’s
- Siphoned Energy can be withdrawn (and re-deposited) by Guild Masters and Right Hands
October 2 onwards: Let the battles begin!
- No GvGs can take place between the start of the season and downtime on the 1st.
- GvGs can be declared before this time, but they cannot start before downtime on the 1st.
- This should ensure that every territory gets the same number of GvG slots throughout the season
October 27: Mid-season Reset 1
- After the 1st, GvGs can be scheduled as normal, and territories will remain in the hands of the winners
November 24: Mid-season Reset 2 + Double Points
- A month in, we do an in-season reset
- This plays out like the start of the season:
- GvGs can’t happen around this time
- Claims are dropped at downtime on the 27th
- Territories become claimable, and bosses spawn, in the same blocks throughout the day and into the next
- Points start scoring during territory primetime on the 28th
- GvGs start again on the 29th
- This is done to shake up the status quo a bit, do another open-world strength check, and provide some additional structure to the season
December 21: Last Call
- This reset proceeds like the first reset on October 27th, described above
- Additionally, from this point until the end of the season, all new points scored are doubled, so the final month is worth as much as the previous two combined
- This prevents a winner from being crowned too early, and gives a good reason to really push in the last month, so activity is biased towards the end of the season rather than the start
December 22: End of Season 4
- Points scoring for the season ends for each territory at the end of its downtime on December 21-22, and GvGs can’t happen between this time and the end of the season
- At downtime on the 22nd, the season officially ends, and a winner is declared
Posted by Eltharyon 2 years ago (Source)
Don't worry, this is just the regular heads up regarding the season so people can make plans. There'll be more announcements next week after season 3 has ended and there'll be a little something to encourage you to use the off-season to prep for Season 4.